Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Learning Communities
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Learning Communities (27 April 2021)
Schools around the world have been increasing their efforts to raise awareness around issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in order to promote school cultures that reinforce these values. Join us as we talk to students and school leaders from a variety of schools about steps they have taken to make all students feel seen and heard.
Students and school leaders from the following schools participated in the webinar:
- St. Bernard's High School, Fitchburg, Massachusetts, USA
- St. Luke's School, New Canaan, Connecticut, USA
- Sutton High School, Sutton, Massachusetts, USA
- Sutton HS Connections Team
- Article: Sutton High conference aims to bend arc toward justice (www.telegram.com, March 2019)
- International School of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
- ISH Inclusion Policy (pdf)
- STAND - Students Together AgaiNst Discrimination: email firstname.lastname@example.org | instagram @s.t.a.n.d.ish
- Rainbow Newsletter, January 2021 (pdf)
View list of Resources for Equitable and Inclusive Education
ADL A World of Difference® Institute
www.nemnet.com - Nemnet, est. in 1994, is a resource organization committed to assisting schools and organizations in the recruitment and retention of diverse teachers, administrators and coaches.
Media Education Foundation (MEF) produces and distributes documentary films and other educational resources to inspire critical thinking about the social, political, and cultural impact of American mass media on race, gender, the media, politics, and more.
Reflecting on Anti-bias Education in Action: The Early Years (A Film by Debbie LeeKeenan, John Nimmo, Filiz Efe McKinney)
Article: Schools Should Be Talking To Students About Black Lives Matter, Police Violence, and Racism. The Problem? Teachers Have Not Been Prepared to Meet This Moment [medium.com, April 2021; Shayla R. Griffin, PhD, MSW]
Safe Schools Program for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning (LGBTQ) Students is a joint initiative between the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) and the Massachusetts Commission on LGBTQ Youth.