Annual Information Report (AIR) - Instructions for Public Schools
Annual Information Report (AIR) - Instructions for public schools
One of the requirements of membership in the New England Association of Schools and Colleges is the completion and electronic submission of your school’s Annual Information Report (AIR) by the principal/school head. After logging in, the most current information contained in your school record will be displayed so that you can review, edit, and submit any updates. In addition, you may make changes/deletions to the Visiting Team Volunteer List.
To begin, please review the information below before logging in to the AIR database appropriate for your school.
Once you are logged in...
- Navigate to the Annual Information Report and Substantive Change Update Form. It will be pre-populated with your school’s information. Please review all information, update and submit changes. Once this section is completed, you will be returned to the main menu. Continue to the second step.
- Navigate to the Visiting Team Volunteer Update Form. The list will display individuals from your school that have already been added to our database as prospective volunteers for Visiting Teams. Please update/add only the names of school personnel who have expressed interest in serving on a Visiting Team for a Decennial Accreditation Visit (four days, three overnights) and/or a Collaborative Conference Visit (two days, one overnight.)
- Note that when you delete a name, you must indicate whether the individual has retired or relocated.
- If you are making additions, please do not overwrite any staff who have retired or relocated.
- Next, update or change your username and password.
- Print a copy of the AIR with the Visiting Team Volunteer List once all updates are completed. Though your school's information can be accessed at any time by logging into the AIR, we recommend keeping a printed copy on file.
- When all sections of the AIR have been completed and copy has been printed for your records, you may log out.
Get involved - Join an Accreditation Visiting Team!
NEASC is notified of prospective volunteers via the Annual Information Report (AIR). If you would like to participate on a Visiting Team, make sure to let your school head know that you would like to be added to the Visiting Team Volunteer List on the AIR.
In order to serve as a NEASC Accreditation Visiting Team Member on a public school visit, teachers and administrators must:
- hold current certification as a teacher or administrator in one of the six New England states
- be currently employed as a teacher or administrator in a school accredited by NEASC
- have at least two years experience
- have some understanding of the Standards for Accreditation for public schools
- understand that collaboration and writing are involved
- have the recommendation and approval of the school head