NEASC partners with schools to assess, support, and promote high quality education for all students through accreditation, professional assistance, and pursuit of best practices.
The New England Association of Schools and Colleges aspires to provide a process for meaningful, ongoing whole school improvement and growth while honoring the unique culture and context of each institution we support.
In this spirit, NEASC:
- Encourages the pursuit of a unique mission in distinctive circumstances by each member.
- Advocates for thoughtful self-reflection guided by objective peer review.
- Promotes public recognition of the challenges that accredited institutions face both in common and in particular.
- Elucidates the value, philosophy, and practice of accreditation for our member schools, the public, legislative bodies, and governing boards.
- Assists member schools in navigating accreditation in a context often dictated by federal, state, or local mandates and by limited means.
"Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges" assures that our members:
- Strive to achieve rigorous and common standards in education
- Demonstrate substantive institutional commitment to continual improvement
- Commit to balancing the creative tensions that exist between local autonomy and public authority
- Nurture individual creative accomplishment
Accreditation is a catalyst for school improvement and growth.
The New England Association of Schools and Colleges is a voluntary membership organization. It is composed of three commissions serving public schools, independent schools, and international schools in the US and worldwide. Each commission decides matters of accreditation in the context of standards derived and reviewed by its membership.
The accreditation work of the commissions is reviewed and approved by the Board of Trustees.
Along with the Board of Trustees, each of the three commissions is dedicated to the accomplishment of the mission, assurance, and goals of the Association.
The Association is a not-for-profit corporation that adheres to fundamental principles of fairness and non-discrimination.
Approved by the NEASC Board of Trustees on December 13, 2018.